Friday, December 30, 2011

Astronaut 1/72

Here I show you a figure from the Airfix set Astronauts. Because the set is maunfactured in soft palstic I had great problems to remoe the mould lines. At last I gave up as you can see on the pictures. Today I have new ideas to remove the mould lines and I will try them next time. I'll keep you informed whether the ideas are working or not. During the painting process I got the idea to get an reflection on the visor of the helmet. So I printed a little picture and glued it on the visor. It was the first attempt for a reflection, maybe next one I will try to paint.






Regards
Lonewolf





3 comments:

  1. very good work with this old AIRFIX figure!!!
    removing the mould lines on AIRFIX is a bloo** work!!! I'm very interested if you find a way to do that!!
    The reflexion on the visor is a nice idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to piant the reflection in the visor..but why didn´t I think of using a picture!!?
    Great idea and painting
    Guten Rutsch
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam I agree. removing the mould lines on Airfix figures isn't a work that can man make happy. If one of my ideas is working I will tell you.

    Paul, I printed the picture on paper but I think it would give a better result to use decal paper - one of the posibilities I will try next time.

    Happy New Year und Guten Rutsch.

    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete