Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Austrian Infantry 1805 1/72

I've painted these figures some months ago. The figures are from the old ESCI Set 226 - Prussian and Austrian Infantry. I've tried to paint the figures in the colors of the Infantry Regiment No. 4 "Hoch- und Deutschmeister". This regiment was one of the german regiments of the austrian army. The figures are modeled with the old type of helmets which changed in 1806 to Tschakos.



Sources:
Wikipedia - K.u.k. InfRgt Nr. 4 1804.jpg
Uniformen der Napoleonischen Kriege - Jack Cassin-Scott/John Fabb - Heyne Broschur




5 comments:

  1. Excellent painting! I used to have a few of these guys but they never looked this good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely painted miniatures as I'm a 20mm fanatic I've added your link on my blog.

    Greets and great detail on those Germans mean Austrians well it's confusing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for my late reply. Thanks for your comments.

    At this time the austrian army had german and hungarian regiments.

    Rgards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good painting work!!
    I'm not a "Nappies fan" but I like the way you painted those figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sam. Thanks for your comment. I'm not fixed for a special period, but I love the colorful uniforms of the napoleonic period. I also like to paint figures of other periods, as you can see on my blog.

    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete