Saturday, January 07, 2012

Chess with Hobbits

For all hobbits (greetings to Sam's Minis World) Pictures of characters from the collector's series Lord of the Rings chess pieces. The figures are painted, and the series includes 96 figures, plus some additional characters. In Germany, No. 90 is currently on the market.
I liked the characters well and it's a beautiful sight to see all the pieces together in the showcase. Because I am Lord of the Rings fan and also like to play chess, I had no choice but to gather the figures. Sometime I have to build a beautiful chessboard. I have some ideas. So and now I'm back playing chess.

Für alle Hobbits (Grüße an Sam's Minis World) Bilder von Figuren aus der Sammelserie Herr der Ringe Schachfiguren. Die Figuren sind bemalt und die Serie umfasst 96 Figuren plus einige Zusatzfiguren. In Deutschland ist Heft 90 aktuell im Handel.
Mir gefallen die Figuren gut und es ist ein schöner Anblick, alle Figuren zusammen in der Vitrine zu sehen. Da ich Herr der Ringe Fan bin und auch gerne Schach spiele, hatte ich keine andere Wahl, als die Figuren zu sammeln. Irgendwann muß ich noch ein schönes Schachbrett bauen. Ideen habe ich schon einige. So und jetzt gehe ich wieder Schach spielen.



Also welcome to the new followers
BragonDorn from I AM THE BRAGONDORN
 TamsinP from Wargaming Girl
Anne O'Leary from Anne's Attic



Regards
Lonewolf

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for welcoming me to your page. I am moved. I too am a Lord of The Rings fan, have been since I was 12 years old. I didn't know there was a chess set like this out there. I second Angry's sentiment "Bloody nice" I look forward to seeing you craft a special board to play these on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! oh yes I love them, my treasure!
    This set seems to be a good one!
    A day, I'll buy the Mithril ones...

    (and I'm happy to see that I'm not the only LOTR's fan!!!
    Sam
    http://samsminisworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pascal...you weren´t the only LotR´s fan ;-D
    They look great. I tried to make a romans v celts chess set years ago but I kept recruiting the minis into my armies and it stopped.
    Grusse
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Angry. It's a real nice figure set.
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne as far as I know this figure ste started in Great Britain some years ago. At Sam's Minis World
    or on Youtube you can find a trailer for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey".
    Link: http://samsminisworld.blogspot.com/2011/12/hobbit-unexpected-journey-trailer.html
    Have much fun!
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pascal I wish you enough time and enough money to buy the Mithril ones.

    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul, I have an equal idea some years ago, but with french and british soldiers in 1/72. As travel chess for example. But I never realized it up today. But I'm looking forward. Maybe I will do it some day.
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love LOTR and am seriously thinking about getting a set of these :) I threw you up on my blogroll for Sammy and Bragons pages. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @BragonDorn - I can really recommend this figure set and thanks for adding me to your blogrolls.

    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vielen Dank für wertvolle Informationen. Nizza Post. Ich war sehr erfreut, diesen Beitrag. Das ganze Blog ist sehr schön fand einige gute Sachen und gute Informationen hier Danke .. Besuchen Sie auch meine Seite schach spielen

    ReplyDelete