Sunday, January 15, 2012

Highlander 1815 1/72

It started not with that figure. 
No, the whole thing started somehow completely different. 

As a proven science fiction fan from childhood, I came by my son to the wonderful series Firefly - Serenity. Shame on those who have discontinued this series. I am excited about this series and yes, I am a Browncoat. And since I liked the songs from this series are also very good, i have researched a bit and I came across the Bedlam Bards. On one of her CD's is the song 'Donald, where's your trousers'. A really beautiful song.


That same song then I've heard in the last episode of Terminator SCC, and since I knew a 'Donald' must now forth. So I went to work fresh, pulled out one of the old figures and now here he is my 'Donald'.

The figure came from the British Infantry ESCI kit and was painted by me without much research on the uniform. I've only tried a soldier of the 92nd (Gordon) Highlanders. At the painting on a kilt I must practice. The regiment has also a nice regimental march.

---------

Angefangen hat es nicht mit dieser Figur. 
Nein, angefangen hat das Ganze irgendwie ganz anders. 

Als ausgewiesener Science Fiction Fan von Jugend an, kam ich durch meinen Sohn zu der wundervollen Serie Firefly - Serenity. Schande über die, die diese Serie abgesetzt haben. Ich jedenfalls bin begeistert von dieser Serie und ja, ich bin ein Browncoat. Und da mir die Songs aus dieser Serie ebenfalls sehr gut gefallen, habe ich mal ein bisschen recherchiert und bin dabei auf die Bedlam Bards gestoßen. Auf einer ihrer CD's wiederum ist das Lied "Donald, where's your trousers". Ein wirklich schönes Lied.

Das gleiche Lied habe ich dann in der letzten Folge von Terminator SCC gehört und da war mir klar, ein Donald muß jetzt her. Also machte ich mich frisch ans Werk, kramte eine der alten Figuren hervor und hier ist er jetzt, mein Donald.

Die Figur stammt aus dem ESCI Satz Britische Infanterie und wurde von mir ohne große Recherchen zur Uniform bemalt. Ich habe nur versucht einen Soldaten der 92. (Gordon) Highlander darzustellen. An der Bemalung eines Kilts muß ich noch üben. Das Regiment hat übrigens auch einen schönen Regimentsmarsch.








Until this little figure was finishedalmost all of my hobbies were involved in that. Science fiction, music, modeling and photography. I for one think it's nice when I can combine my hobbies in this way.
---------
Bis diese kleine Figur fertig war, waren fast alle meine Hobbys daran beteiligt. Science Fiction, Musik, Modellbau und Fotografieren. Ich jedenfalls finde es schön, wenn ich meine Hobbys so miteinander verbinden kann.




19 comments:

  1. You did a great job on this figure.

    The tartan is what me keep of starting them to paint. Need a good way to paint that.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice looking figure, glad your moving away from the Dark side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. The colours are nice and the pleats on the back of the kilt are a nice touch. Love the bagpipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes a beautiful work! like usually, your pictures are really beautiful too!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bruno: I was so fascinated by the "Highlander" that I missed the top of the post!!!!
    Firefly??????? wahou!!! one of my best serie: yes it's a shame that they never finished it! (The "Serenity" movie for ending the story? pfff ... the heroes loosed their pistols and their "cow-boy" look : a pity !!!)
    You have some great interests my friend!!! welcome on board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Peter. Thank you. The tartan isn't easy to paint for me in this scale but I hope I get much better with every Highlander I will paint.
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Paul. Yes I'm back from the Dark side.... for the moment ;-) Thanks.
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rodger. I am glad that you like the tartan.
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anne, thank you for your nice comment. Yes, bagpipe is a great instrument. I love the sound.
    Regards
    Lonewolf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Pascal my dear friend. Thanks for your welcome and congratulations. It seems to me that we share some interests. That's great! I agree with your meaning to the movie 'Serenity'. A few years ago I met Summer Glau (River Tam) at a SciFi event (FedCon) here in Germany and Teal'c from Stargate was also there. That was a great event and a nice experience. Did you know, that Summer Glau plays a role as a Terminator model in Terminator SCC?
    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's very well done, better than I could have done....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QAngry - Thanks a lot, but I'm sure you can do it too.
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. @choms - Thanks for your comment and for your following.
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks BargonDorn! What's new about Nagoya castle?
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete
  14. You haven't posted for a while. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heelo Anne, it's very kind from you to ask if everything is okay. I can tell you all is okay with me, but the last days I'm extreme busy in job and by changing the internet provider on Thursday I had some problems. Hope the problems are solved now.
      Have a nice weekend.
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete