Sunday, February 12, 2012

British Light Dragoon 1/72

A faulty hard drive has me paralyzed the past few weeks. Now I have a new computer and I am still busy trying to establish this and to save the data from my old hard drive. This is also the reason why it was so quiet in my blog.

Inspired by a poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson "The charge of the Light Brigade" I've tried in a British Light Dragoon. I have not taken this particular unit as a template, but simply going to paint. The figure comes from the ESCI set 230 British Light Dragoons. The reins of the horse, I have added since missing them.

---------
Eine defekte Festplatte hat mich die letzten Wochen lahmgelegt. Jetzt habe ich einen neuen Rechner und bin noch damit beschäftigt, diesen einzurichten und die Daten meiner alten Festplatte zu retten. Das ist auch der Grund, warum es in meinem Blog so ruhig war.

Inspiriert durch ein Gedicht von Alfred, Lord Tennyson "The charge of the Light Brigade" habe ich mich an einem British Light Dragoon versucht. Ich habe mir hierbei keine bestimmte Einheit als Vorlage genommen, sondern einfach darauf los gemalt. Die Figur stammt aus dem ESCI Satz 230 British Light Dragoons. Die Zügel des Pferdes habe ich noch ergänzt, da diese fehlten.

 

 
 



 


 
 


 
 



Also welcome to the new follower

Simon black from Pictures
El Senyor Verd from El Senyor Verd
Ernie from Ancient miniatures
Axis from Bold As Love
Bleach from Culinary Coding




10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Angry. I need a little bit more time to solve some problems with my old hard disc but after this I go through the blogs to look what happend during the time I'm offline.
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete
  2. Bruno: very happy to see you again!I was worried that you don't feel good: I prefer that it's only your computer!
    Another great work! perfect in all the details and always your beautiful pictures: all my respect, Sir!
    This "man in blue" could be a good US cavalry-soldier °_° !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pascal, I'm very happy too to hear from you. I tell you I'm feeling better than my old computer :-). Yes, the "man in blue" (maybe it's the husband of the Lady in Red :-)) could be as US cavalry soldier. And if he is, he remembers me a liitle bit of the Buffalo soldiers.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
    2. .... perhaps the horse could be used for the US Cavalry?
      Buffalo soldiers? I've planed to paint something about them!
      Just need to choose figures, make some conversions maybe, and paint them! but before, I had some other projects to finish... and I would like to have a "coming-back" into the medieval before, and I have a "special project" which is very important for me.... and ... and .... and find time!

      Delete
    3. I think you have the same problem as I have. More ideas than time to realize :-). So start or go on with your projects, I'm waiting for your results, especially for the Buffalo soldiers.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hello Rodger,thanks for your kind comment!
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete
  4. I like them those old good Esci figures. I remember this set had with guns. The Waterloo set didn't have the guns or was it otherwise?
    Perfect painted and the reins are a good addition.

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the old Esci figures too. They had a set with russian artillery of the crimean war and a set with light dragoons from the light brigade. Maybe there was a set with the combination of these two sets.
      Regards
      Lonewolf

      Delete