Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Austrian Infantry 28mm - WIP - Part 1

I finished the first figure of the Austrian Infantry from Victrix set VX0014 Austrian Napoleonic Infantry 1806 - 1815 with Tschakos in 28mm scale. The figure is painted with Acryl, Enamel, Oil and watercolor. From Pascal's Blog Sam's Minis World I've got an idea for basing the figure. So I create a temporary vignette from a picture frame, sand, some stones and moss. Thanks for sharing your idea Pascal! Step by step I will paint the other figures of the set and will present them here. Imho the quality of the Victrix figures is really good.
---------
Die erste Figur aus dem Victrix Set VX0014 Austrian Napoleonic Infantry 1806 - 1815 mit Tschakos im Maßstab 28mm ist fertig. Die Figur wurde mit Acryl, Enamel, Öl und Wasserfarben bemalt. Von Pascal's Blog Sam's Minis World habe ich die Idee für eine Base zum Fotografieren. Also habe ich mir eine temporäre Vignette aus einem Fotorahmen, Sand, Steinen und Moos hergestellt. Vielen Dank nochmal Pascal! Nach und nach werde ich die anderen Figuren des Sets bemalen und hier vorstellen. Meiner Meinung nach ist die Qualität der Victrix Figuren wirklich gut.


 Also welcome to the new followers

BlioRay from Models and Miniatures
mauther from papermau 
Rosbif from Monsieur le Rosbif & Johnny Frog
Micha from michas figuren





18 comments:

  1. Great work on this lonely looking figure mate.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Paul !!!
    it's a very good work! impressive on the face!
    The sand is very clear: it looks like snow, but it's a good colour for the white dresses.
    (many thanks for the .... thanks!
    now I must learn how to do so beautiful pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pascal. The sand looks like snow because of the light I used during the photo session. I have to look for a diffuser. If you have questions about my way making the pictures you can ask me.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  3. It's nice to see a single well painted figure showcased like this and to see painters inspiring and learning from one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anne, I think thats why we have the blogs.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Fran and btw my name is Bruno not sir ;-).
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, I'm trying to get better.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  6. Thanks Paul. A lonely figure from a lone wolf. That fits together!
    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good work on the white Bruno! Nice shading!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Peter. Thanks for your kind comment. I'm trying to get more and more smooth transitions into the white.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Captain and nice to have you here.
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  9. A great result! Realy a excellent work, specially the face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Phil. Merci pour votre gentil commentaire.

      Cordialement
      Bruno

      Delete
  10. it is amazing to see how many wonderful things I get lost ........... I really like this work Bruno! I wish I had time to look at all the wonderful things produced by you and other blogger friends, but this is not always possible ....... congrats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michele, thank you for your kind words. The time - I know that problem too. sometimes it is not easy to find enough time to go through the blogs and forums, read the posts and comment and to have enough time for your own modelling projects. And because I have only little time for my hobby at the moment, it's always a balancing act, what I do with the time (blogs, forums, modelling projects).
      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete