Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Teutonic Knight


After a few days of relaxation it then hit me again. After looking through several figure sets I thought it was a good idea to bring a new figure to my Teutonic army for my planned diorama.  I chose a character from the Italeri set Teutonic Knights in scale 1/72 and start preparing the figure for painting.



First, the parts were cleaned with soapy water to remove grease. The next step was to fix the parts with double-sided adhesive tape to the closure cap of bottles.


Preparing for painting - Step 1




As next the  parts were primed with an airbrush. For this I have used a Vallejo gray primer.

The primed parts

Then I started with the first painting step. I tried a little bit pre-shading.

Parts with pre-shading

You think the painting of the parts start now?  Oh noooooo..... It makes more fun to make a little conversion now! I decided to remove the sword and give him a lance instead. Also the shield was cut away and was replaced by a self made shield from sheet with an applied decal. Somehow I have to think about the sequence of steps again :-)

After this little confusion I've started painting. The next pictures show the humble result.














With this in mind....




6 comments:

  1. Hola
    Pues mola un montón,y me gusta mas con la lanza
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very nice details there, white undercoat must work better for all those white parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rodger.
    You're very kind Rodger. Thank you!
    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  4. @András Szilvásy
    Thank you András. I've tried white primer on other figures. The gray one I used to test whether I can reach a lttle shading by using this ptimer. In moment I'm not sure whhether I shall use a white or gray primer as base coat for white. I think I have to do more tests.

    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  5. @j.d
    Gracias por el buen comentario J.D.

    un saludo
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete