Sunday, July 07, 2013

HMS Prince of Wales - Part 3


Only a little update for this week. As first step I sanded down the catapult a little bit. You can see it at the top of the picture. The original you can see at the bottom.



As next I glued together the deck and the hull. After doing this I found some little differences between deck and hull. You can see them in the next pictures.

Difference in the bow

Difference in the stern
So I had to go a round with putty and sanding. The next pictures show the result before fine tuning..

The bow after filling andsanding

The stern after filling and sanding

Now I thought it was time to add some little details to the superstructure on the deck. I tried to add some portholes. 

The original superstructure

The original superstructure

Superstructure with portholes

Superstructure with portholes

Superstructure with portholes
And that happens if you're not careful enough. I think I have to go another round of filling and sanding :-)

Impact of a hot needle

At last an overall view.

Overall view




With this in mind....




8 comments:

  1. These are old moulds and have plenty of faults. Apparently you are more patient than me to do all these small chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola
    Bueno si señor,despacito pero con buena letra
    estaré a tentó
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something completely different from you! But it looks good so far!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @peter

    Yes, it's completely different but it makes also fun.

    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  5. @András Szilvásy

    Thanks András but normaly I'm very anxiously.

    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ j.d

    Hola j.d

    Gracias. Despacio. Sí. Tengo un montón de tiempo.

    un saludo
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of stuff like this but it's amazing how filigrane the things are.. good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because you're not a fan of such stuff, I am very pleased about your comment and that you like the work. Thank you very much Carlin!

      Best regards
      Bruno

      Delete