Sunday, September 29, 2013

HMS Prince of Wales - Part 6





Only a first attempt to replace the kit parts of the anti aircraft Pom-Poms.










The original parts of the kit have not really convinced me. So I just tried to build such a gun on a scale of 1/1200 itself. However I hadn't imagined that it is quite so difficult. Here you can find a picture of an original Pom-Pom.

A first prototype I can imagine now after many failed attempts. Okay, I know it's much improved. But I'm still learning.
 
I am convinced that the next try will be better. The result is the gun made ​​of plastic, a hair from a brush, wire and paper. If my head gets free again I'll start the next attempt.Now let's have have a look on the pictures

A very difficult scale for me

Comparison of the kit part and my attempt












With this in mind....




10 comments:

  1. Very very small work , impressive .
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vincent. Sometimes it was to small....

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  2. Good grief, excellent work, excellent small work....I would have went blind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran. Sometimes maybe it's helpful to be blind but in this case you should have eyes like an eagle :-)

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  3. You know what ?
    it's crazy to do such little things !
    .... but it's so fun to do crazy things !
    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pascal! Okay I agree, I'm crazy...but only a little bit ;-)

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  4. agree with Pascal and other friends, precious work Bruno!

    ReplyDelete