Sunday, September 22, 2013

With tears in my eyes ...



... I'm writing this post and it's hard for me to find the right words.



Last Wednesday shortly after midnight died our Stubsy, one of our beloved cats. 9 years of our life we could go the way together. Now the end of the road has come. What remains is emptiness, sorrow, pain, tears, and the many beautiful memories of a very nice time together and in a very intimate relationship.

  
 

At their birth, I can still remember exactly. Her mother brought her to the world with her siblings under the chair in our living room. After the birth, she was pretty weak and my wife has then done everything to take care of her and she had success. 

She was very affectionate and cuddly from the beginning and her favorite place was on the shoulders or on the lap. In the evening when I came home from the office, she has waited along with my wife to me and was always very happy to see me.

The last few months she was already not so good. She had a tumor and had to undergo surgery. The surgery but she has survived. Nevertheless, their overall condition has deteriorated overall slow. Then there came to kidney problems.

Last weekend, her condition has greatly deteriorated then. It was at times apathetic, often winced, ate and drank almost nothing. We tried to feed her and give her water with a syringe. Monday evening we were at the vet again. She still got 2 syringes and it also gave the impression as if it's getting her slowly better. On Tuesday she was sick again and vet gave her an infusion. Nevertheless, a few hours later, she died in the arms of my son who selflessly took care ofher in the last days to her life .

Since then we feel empty inside and have nothing more to desire. Our world was a better world through her, but now it is no longer the same world. Stubsy leaves a big gap in our lives and she never will be forgotten.



For us she was a gift from God. 

 

With this in mind....




18 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this Bruno, this morning my dog of 11 years had to be put down at the vets.......it hurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran. So we both lost a beloved member of the family. Sometimes life is very hard!

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss Bruno. I know how painful this is, how lonely you feel without her being in all her usual places. So grieve for her my friend, and remember the precious time you had with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Yes it's very painful for my family and me and of course we will remember all the precious time e had with her. She will never be forgotten.

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  3. So sorry you are going through this. 'pets' are family.. being a different species makes no difference at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laughing Ferret. I fully agree with you.. Pets are family!

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  4. R.I.P. Stubsy ...
    all my heart with you and your family ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je vous remercie pour votre compassion Pascal!

      Cordialement
      Buno

      Delete
  5. So sorry to read this Bruno. I too have had a few pets taken. It never gets easier. Thinking if you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rodger! I knew that it's never get easier and yes, it hurts every time. We always had pets. Birds, hamsters, cats and we can not live without pets. It's a part of our life.

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  6. Our little friends leave us always to soon! I understand your feelings! It's hard to loose a part of the family! I wish you and your family much strenght!
    Rest in peace Stubsy!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. so it's the life....... sincerely sorry for this sad event. a warm hug Bruno...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. You're right, that's life....tough but unfair. A warm hug Michele.

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your loss
    The nine years of her warmth and comfort to your family are her tribute

    Best Wishes

    ReplyDelete