Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tanja 75mm (flat figure painted by Gerald)





It is a great pleasure for me today to be able to show you Tanja. Tanja is a 75mm flat tin figure, painted by my mate Gerald.  

His heart beats, among other things, for the painting of flat figures, and in my opinion he has already reached a very good level in painting this kind of figures. But please don't tell him that I'm a fan of his work ;-)







Some words about the painter...


About the tin figures I stumbled by accident on eBay in 2011. Because the former chairman of the Association of Free Tin Figures Collectors (Vereinigung Freie Zinnfigurensammler e.V.) works in the same company as I do, I took part in a club meeting in May 2011. In January 2012, I then painted my first flat figure. This figure was published by myself.  I'm constantly expanding my holdings of slate forms which are prepared by the same way as they have been produced for over 100 years. Tanja is like all unpainted figures from my slate forms available by me on my side Paradoxzinn.

... and now the pictures

Without many words I show you now the pictures from the start up to the presentation of the figure. 


The painting process...









The presentation...





If you are interested in Geralds other flat figures or generally on painting flat figures you can visit the following links:




I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Gerald for his kindly permission that I can show his work here and to use his pictures shown in this post.

 With this in mind....




12 comments:

  1. That's beautiful work especially the flesh work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran! Gerald has a good hand for painting flesh work.

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  2. Great skin color Bruno ! And very beautiful paint .
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you vincent! I like the skin color and the whole figure.

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete
  3. From a flat figure to a very nice piece of art in 3D! Excellent work!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Welcome Andrew! I'm happy that you find this blog :-)

      Regards
      Bruno

      Delete